Friday, July 24, 2009

Message by Apostle Rev Menon Manasa

God's message through the web site is, "The Lord is Your Helper". "Help" here refers to God's divine providence. I would never have been able to carry out His ministry all these 22 years, if my Lord has not been my helper. As our Lord is faithful (Hosea 13:9), He has in various ways been our helper from time to time.

People are always looking towards others for help. We are at a loss as what to do, especially when we are stricken by illness, financial problem, failure in our business or when those we had looked up to, fail us.

Some people decide to commit suicide when they face such problem; others run away to new places; yet others fall into sin or even end up being a lunatic. Man may have everything in life that he may ever want, yet, live a life of bondage and misery.

Today I want to share this good news with you, that is, no matter what problem you may be in, there is someone who is waiting to help you. Every need that you have will be met; every problem can be solved through the One who is waiting to answer you.

Scripture says in Isaiah 31:1, "Woe to them that go down to Egypt for help; and stay on horses, and trust in chariots, because they are many; and in horseman, because they are very strong; but they look not unto thy Holy One of Israel, neither seek the Lord". This is an important fact we need to know. The Israelites who were God's chosen people had always looked up to Him for help. But the moment their situation turned against them, they put their trust in their strong men, chariots and horses, hoping they would help them. istead of focusing on the Lord.

Scripture clearly says, "Woe unto those who do not seek God in times of trouble, but seek the help of men". Dearly beloved, throughout my 13 years of ministry, I have had numerous trials through sickness, financial and family problem, but I have never failed to focus on Him for all my need. I was able to plant this church through His help, which the Lord showed me in a vision in 1994. It was not an easy task, for, from the first day I had planned to acquire this building, I cannot describe how much I had depended on the Lord for my every need. It is a miracle, that the Lord had blessed us to buy this building to build His Church

Everything was going on smoothly, until quite suddenly, our financial were in dire straits. The progress of this church came to a standstill. Months passed by and it seemed impossible to over- come our ever increasing financial need. I didn't know what to do next. I tried all means, but nothing materialized. Days passed by, and my focus shifted from the Lord to the needs of church. My faith took a flight. I was desperate which affected my prayer-life. I sought the Lord, but he was silent. Then one day He spoke to me through 1 Kings 19:11-13,

“And he said, God forth and stand upon the mount before the Lord. And behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in places the rocks before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake: And after the earthquake: And after the earthquake a fire: but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice......". "He was not in the wind, or in the earthquake or in the fire but in a small voice which said, "What doest thou here Elijah?". Though I lamented, was doubtful and confused, the Lord did not speak to me until I felt the still voice in my heart and peace came upon me.

The Lord said, "My disciple Peter, desired to walk on the water and he did, but as soon as he saw the winds blow, and the sea roar, he lost his focus on me and was almost drowned. But I reached out and helped him. So don't look at your over-whelming situation. Son let your focus be on me, for your help comes from me. I'll meet all your needs", He promised. I, who was drowning suddenly felt that someone had lifted me up. Immediately, I cried before the Lord. I realized I had failed to place my focus on my Helper. What a surprise! I reconciled with Him again.

Soon things began to change. The fact that my Lord will never leave me not forsake came force- fully into my heart. Ps. 46:2, "Though the earth be removed and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; though the water thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountain shake the swelling thereof......I shall not fear".

Dearly beloved, no matter what trouble you may be in, just look unto Him who died on the cross for you, He will surely help you. On 29-7-2001, as I was going to a house prayer-meeting with some believers in my car, an elderly lady witnessed how she was blessed during one of our Church meetings at a time when she was drowning in her problem. She was freed from every burden on that very day. The same Lord wants to help you too. Look unto Him, for your help is from Him.

Say this prayer faithfully:
"Dear Heavenly father, forgive me
for not looking to you. Please
cleanse me with the precious blood
of Jesus today. Forgive me of all my
sins. Receive me as your child and
meet all my needs You are my all in
all. I believe you are risen Lord and I
receive everlasting life through you.
I pray all these in the name of our
Lord Jesus Christ".

Your Pastor,
Apostle Rev. Menon Manasa.